The Principles of Howard County Republicans
The Principles of Howard County Republicans:
1. In keeping with principles of our Founding Fathers, Howard County Republicans believe in individual liberty, public safety, and support policies of limited taxation and responsible government.
2. We, as Republicans, support equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity for all.
3. Howard County Republicans respect the principles and values that have made our county a prosperous and desirable place to live and raise a family.
4. Howard County Republicans support all family values that promote a strong cohesive community.
5. Howard County Republicans believe every child should have access to an excellent public education that is challenging and attuned to the individual student to promote critical thinking, invention, community cohesion, and a rewarding career.
6. Republicans believe in self-sufficiency while we recognize the need in Howard County for a limited public safety net. We believe all people should be afforded the opportunity to improve their quality of life through education, jobs, business opportunities, and community support.
7. Republicans support public policies that encourage economic growth, provide opportunities for individuals to succeed, and promote local businesses in Howard County.
8. We support responsible growth and the preservation of open spaces while respecting the private property rights of all Howard County citizens.
9. We believe that good Howard County Government collectively respects individualism and the responsibilities of freedom while promoting community.
10. Republicans believe all should adhere to the rule of law.